COVID-19 Medicare Eligibility
Dear new and existing clients,
As you may know, Medicare for telehealth services for the COVID-19 crisis have been quickly evolving, and we have been tailoring our services as best we can to keep up with the rapidly changing climate.
As of today (Monday 6th of April, 2020), the Australian Government has announced that health providers can apply their usual billing practices to the telehealth items for clients who have a current Mental Health Care Plan but who do not fit the Covid-19 criteria.
Northside Psychology is not a Bulk-Billing practice. If you do meet any of the criteria as outlined below, please complete the details below and return the form by email, and call our office on 6255 3008 to discuss private fees, that is, non-Medicare fees.
If ANY of the following apply to your situation, please respond “Yes” to the SMS that brought you to this page; if not, please respond “No”: -
* You are under the age of 16
* You are a concessional beneficiary and have a current valid card
* You are at risk of the COVID-19 Virus under the guidelines outlined below:
* You are required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19; or
* You are at least 70 years old; or
* You identity as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, and are at least 50 years old; or
* You are pregnant; or
* You are a parent of a child under 12 months; or
* You are already under treatment for chronic health conditions; or
* You are immunocompromised; or
* You meet the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection
Please respond to the SMS that brought you to this webpage with “Yes” if you meet any of the above criteria; or “No” if you do not
Thank you very much for your time.