1. Therapist for a Range of Clinical Presentations;
2. Child / Family Clinician working with Neurodiverse Clients
Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist required for busy private practice in Belconnen and/or Gungahlin, Canberra. Flexible arrangement for a Contractor or Employee Position.
We are seeking outstanding clinicians to join our team – part-time or full-time. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, highly skilled team dedicated to achieving excellence. The successful applicants will provide direct clinical services.
- Therapist Role
The role would suit a Provisional, Registered or Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist. The role is to provide therapy to clients across the lifespan with a range of clinical presentation.
- Child / Family Clinician to work with Neurodiverse Clients
The role is working with children and adults with ASD, ADHD / ADD, neurodiversity, developmental delays or gifted individuals. The role would suit a Provisional, Registered or Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist. The role would include supporting parents needing help with behaviour management and/or supporting their child’s development or mental health. The Child and Family Clinician could provide therapy, and psychologists could also conduct learning, cognitive, ADHD/ ADD and ASD assessments.
The ideal person
Our ideal person is an experienced and confident practitioner who relishes the idea of working independently with a high level of administrative support. We are looking for someone with strong values of compassion and empathy who is committed to growing and investing in this role. We are looking for someone with an open mind and a passion for working with a diverse population with improving mental health, early intervention and prevention. You will be a confident communicator able to liaise with parents, schools and other health professionals.
Early Career Psychologists including those about to gain their Provisional Registration are invited to apply for our Graduate Program.
Some benefits we offer
- A large administrative support team so you can focus on what you enjoy doing – working with your preferred client groups
- A stimulating and diverse client load, matched to your strengths and interests
- A manageable workload
- Full marketing and business systems so you can focus on clients
- Strong peer support
- Pampering on your birthday
- Flexible working hours and locations to promote work – life balance
- Complimentary team dinners
- The support of a Clinical Team Leader
- The support of an Internal Clinical Supervisor
- Flexible Terms as an Independent Contractor or Employee
The Selection Criteria
- For the Child and Family Clinician Role – Experience and interest in conducting assessments for ADHD / ADD and ASD.
- Experience and interest in couples counselling.
- Experience in private practice.
- Medicare Provider Number.
- Registered with AHPRA.
- Mental Health Professional: A Fully Registered Psychologist (with or without an Endorsement), Mental Health Social Worker or Mental Health Occupational Therapist OR a Provisional Psychologist, Social Worker and Occupational Therapist who is committed to the process of AHPRA registration and becoming a Medicare Provider.
- Experience in working with a range of mental health challenges. For the Child and Family Clinican role, this includes working with ASD, ADHD and gifted individuals.
- High reliability and commitment to providing outstanding services to clients and referrers.
- Autonomous with a strong work ethic and ability to work as a part of a team.
- Excellent clinical assessment and treatment skills.
- Demonstrated skills in a range of evidence-based interventions.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Ability to cover a broad range of clinical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to secure Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Ability to work legally in Australia.
Northside Psychology is an Approved Temporary Activities Sponsor and a Standard Business Sponsor with the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs. Suitably qualified and experienced overseas applicants who have had their overseas skills assessment completed, and are registered with AHPRA as a Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychologist in Australia are invited to apply
Who to contact for this role
Please contact Stephanie Gold (Clinical Team Leader) for a confidential discussion on
02 6255 3008 or email email@example.com
To apply for the position please forward your CV, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that do not address selection criteria or are incomplete will not be considered.
Closing date: Suitably qualified and experienced applicants will be interviewed as applications are received.