GradDip (Psych) (Adv), BSc (Psych), MAAPi
Key Areas of Interest
- Social Anxiety
- Low Mood
- Self-Esteem and Self-Identity
- Life Transitions and Adjustments
- Stress Management
- Bullying and Harassment
- Grief and Loss
- Motivation and Organisation
- Family Dynamic Issues
- Marital, Relationship and Sex-Related Issues
- Perinatal and Postnatal Mental Health (for women and men)
- Mental Health in Later Life
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Strengths-Focused Therapy
- Positive Psychology
Amelaine is a Registered Psychologist who has worked in mental health since 2016 in a number of roles across private, non-for-profit, government and educational sectors, both in Australia and internationally.
Amelaine's professional passion is in supporting her clients to initiate and maintain lasting positive change in their life by helping people to gain the understanding, skills and confidence needed to improve their mental health and well being, and to manage it more independently into the future.
How Amelaine might support you
Amelaine is experienced in treating a wide range of common mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, stress, grief, motivation issues, relationship difficulties and other concern.
Amelaine is trained to deliver evidence based therapeutic interventions and support. In therapy, she primarily utilises Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), however Amelaine also draws skills from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing, and other therapeutic techniques to support clients towards their goals. Amelaine always works together with her clients to formulate a treatment plan and tailors her therapeutic approach to best address the specific concerns most important to her clients.