Dr Richard Arthur
BSc (Psych) (Hons), PhD, Assoc MAPS
Key Areas of Interest
- Anxiety, Panic, and Depression
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Grief and Loss
- Conflict Resolution
- Family and Couples Therapy
- Parenting Skills and Behaviour Management
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Coping with Disability
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme)
- Complex Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self-Acceptance & Self-Confidence
- Work-related Issues and Leadership Training
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Trauma-Informed Stabilisation Therapy (TIST)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness approaches
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
Please note Richard is a Provisional Psychologist and sessions with him do not attract Medicare or Private Health Fund rebates.
Richard has diverse life experience, including work within senior-level public service and corporate management, consulting on government and public relations, executive leadership training, mindfulness training, and psychological care for the disabled.
Family is Richard’s other world. He has two daughters and nine grandchildren. Like most families, this one has had its many challenges. In his contrasting worlds of career and family, Richard has learned something extra and invaluable about relationships, about understanding oneself and other people, about being strong and soft, and about making a difference in the world.
How Richard might support you
Richard is compassionate, knowing his clients have unique and complex life experiences and challenges. He believes people have the inner resources and hidden talents needed to meet their challenges. His approach is to build upon these strengths, supporting his clients to organise their internal resources and developing the self-confidence to take the next step.