BPsychSci (UNSW), BPsychSci (UC), BSciPsy (Hons), Asso MAPS
Key Areas of Interest
- Women’s Health Issues including Sex, Infertility, Endometriosis, and Menopause
- Couples and Relationship Therapy
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Life transitions and Adjustment
- Weight Neutral and Health Focused Practice
- Gender and Sexuality
- Emotional Regulation
- Motivation and Organisation
- Grief and Loss
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Therapies
- Strengths Based Intervention
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Madeleine takes a broad-minded approach to meeting clients where they are, focusing on their experiences, goals and the circumstances which shape them.
Madeleine has a particular interest in working with women, parents, couples, and military personnel. Her focus is in supporting individuals in transitional life stages, including relationship and role changes, and grief and loss. She is dedicated to maintaining evidence-based practice, including promoting weight neutral and body neutral principles. Madeleine has worked closely with individuals, families and the wider community in many capacities, and recognises the complex tapestry which underlies an individual’s goals, health and development.
How Madeleine might support you
Madeleine works primarily from an Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) basis, focused on helping individuals to participate and work with their unique experiences. Madeleine also has a keen interest in schema therapy, and helping individuals to understand the narratives and experiences which shape them. She also utilises Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Solutions Focused Therapy. Above all, Madeleine is dedicated to creating a safe, neutral, supportive environment in which individuals create progress.