BAppSc (Psych), PostGradDip (Psych), MSc, MMR, MAPA
Key Areas of Interest
- Addictions (Alcohol and Other Drugs)
- Anger Management
- Assertive Communication
- Anxiety – including Generalised and Social Anxiety
- Couples/Relationships and Family Therapy
- Depression (Major Depression and Melancholia)
- Emotional Intelligence
- Grief (Delayed, Complicated, Unresolved or Persistent Grief)
- Internet Pornography Addiction
- Leadership Development and Executive Coaching
- Low Self-Esteem and Lack of Confidence
- Men’s Issues and Contemporary Masculinity
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Trauma-focused CBT
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family/Couples Therapy: Structural and Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT)
- Integrative Psychotherapy, including: Schema Therapy (ST); Humanistic/Existential Therapy and Logotherapy; Narrative Identity Therapy; and Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness Approaches
- Neuroscience-informed Trauma Psychotherapy
- Positive Psychology, Strength-based approaches, and Psychological Capital
- Social Skills Training (SST)
- Written Emotional Disclosure (WED)
Please note Sebastian speaks English, French, Italian and Spanish.
Sebastian is a Registered Psychologist and an approved supervisor with the Psychology Board of Australia. With over 30 years of professional experience in both clinical and corporate settings, including having worked with GPs in medical practices, Sebastian’s purpose is to assist clients to: restore their mental health and well-being; deal with their real-time life challenges by building their self-esteem and self-confidence; and take responsibility for their lives.
Using a neuroscience-informed and a trauma-informed care approach, Sebastian’s working style is caring, compassionate, educational, insightful, inspiring, and strengths focused. He makes sound judgements in managing sensitive and confidential information.
Having worked globally with people from multiple cultural backgrounds, Sebastian has the intercultural awareness, competence, and sensitivity required to work with clients from diverse cultures.
Sebastian also has extensive corporate experience working with senior and middle level executives from public, private, and not-for-profit organisations covering a wide range of issues (e.g., career management and life transitions). Sebastian is also a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by the International Coach Federation (ICF); a graduate from the ‘Art & Practice of Leadership Development,’ Harvard Kennedy School; and a Fellow of the Institute of Coaching, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
How Sebastian might support you
Sebastian holds an uncompromising commitment to client centred service and ethical excellence. He works in a caring, compassionate, educational, insightful and strengths focused manner, but is also an astute and respectful challenger. Working collaboratively with his clients, he is passionate about setting ambitious goals, taking positive action, and changing the status quo to achieve outcomes which are long lasting and allow clients to enjoy intimate relationships and lead meaningful lives.